Wednesday, December 12, 2012

A Man

Confidence, is hard to obtain, hard to gain and hard to keep.

They tell me you just need to be confident But how?

Growing up without a father to teach me confidence

To teach me how to shave

To teach me how to treat a woman right

To teach me how to be a man

Who is suppose to teach me?

I feel less than a man, like a boy cowering in a corner waiting for his father to come and make it all better.

For seventeen years I have been this cowering boy

No more.

I will be a man

I will be the man who shaves without cuts

Who treats his woman right

Who teaches his son how to be a man.

I will be this man who gains confidence by the friends he has and the lessons he learns from his mistakes.

No comments: