Monday, April 13, 2015

What Now?

You take everything I love
You take everyone I love
You just keep taking
Even though there is nothing left to take

I've fallen,
I'm on my knees
I'm yelling into the sky
Asking for it back
Or at least
A way to survive

You think I can take it
You think I'm stronger than I am
You think I can make it
You think I'm tougher than I think

I'm not Superman
I'm not made of steel
I'm not indestructible
I'm not perfect

I'm only Human
I'm fragile and broken
I'm lost and alone
I'm at the edge ready to jump

End It
End my Suffering
End my Pain
End my Struggle

Give me something to live for
Give me someone to live for
Give me someway to keep going
Give me somewhere to go

Give me a reason
Show me a way
Tell me how to
Let me know

Give me up
Let me go
Stop me now
The edge is so close

I'm dying on the inside
I'm a battered box that says handle with care
But no one has
No one has put me back together or even tried

It's like parts of me are missing
A puzzle without the right pieces
A book with pages missing
A picture with half of it torn away

What's next?
What do you want from me?
What am I to do?
What's my new hoop to jump through?

What now?

No comments: